Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Weight Watchers

One of my New Year's goals was to lose weight. Isn't that seriously 80% of people's New Year's goal? Now I have been trying for a while and the thing is I don't have that much to lose. 15 pounds max. But I haven't been able to take it off since Ainsley was born. I have tried the eating healthy thing but my issue seems to be portion control. I am not sure how most of you out there grew up but I was always told to eat what was on my plate and that there are starving kids all over the world...or was that what I used to say to my mom when she was praying too long at the meal..hmmm. I can't really remember now but the point it, eating everything on your plate is great IF you don't have too much on your plate. Which leads me to my next issue in weight loss. I eat too much! In the past, it hasn't been an issue because I have always been able to burn off all that I eat with all my exercise. I still exercise quite a bit but apparent my metabolism has gone on strike. So in an effor to meet my New Year's goals, I have joined Weight Watchers. Most of my friends, and I can tell this, think I am just plain crazy. You don't have any weight to lose, why would you do that..and on it goes. Though I know I don't have much to lose, i just feel much more healthy with 10 pounds off me. This Saturday will be my third meeting so we will see what I have lost. But I am able to say that I have lost 4 pounds already and have lowered my portions sizes and increased my fruits and veggies. So I am feeling successful already. And if I accomplish nothing else than that's is good enough...or so I say now:)

And on another note...I am still not over my Pats losing on Sunday. This has been a sad blow for me but I love how Bill Simmons, who write for ESPN has summed my feelings up. Jeff came home last night and pulled up this article and as Bill Simmons so aptly does...articulated my feelings in the perfect way. If any of you want to read it, here's the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080204

No comments: