Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Today is Elli's 1st day of preschool




Ellie first day of preschool was a mixed bag.  I didn't get to meet her teacher ahead of time as it was a little last minute when I found out she was starting.  We decided to let her ride the bus as the drive is about 20 minutes from our house.  However she was terrified to get on the bus and I felt awful.  I was not here when she got off the bus so my mom got her off the bus.  Apparently the bus driver said she cried the whole way home and that she is still a baby.  Isn't that the whole point of sending her to preschool??  To try to catch her up with her peers??  And of course she doesn't like the bus.  She doesn't have enough English for me to try to explain what the bus is, where it is taking her and why she is going on it.  Alas...we are still thinking of options on the bus.  I think it would be easier if they had restraints on it but they don't.  I didn't get any really good pics but I will post a couple anyway...their is one good one of Ellie and my mom.

1 comment:

Difference2This1 said...

Yeah Ellie! I hope you enjoy your pre-school as much as Robyn loves hers!!! You will be a beautiful inspiring presense in your new class!!!