Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Potty Training

I have started my second attempt at potty training with Ellie.  I was going to take a picture of the potty for you but decided to spare you all the gory details:)  However Ellie went pee-pee and poo-poo on the potty today.  Not sure if it will continue but she apparently likes the peanut butter chocolate chips that I give her:)  I figured without the time constraints of preschool why not try it again.  She has been doing pretty well though she still isn't telling me...which I liken to being parent trained and not really potty trained but at least its a start and she doesn't scream every time I put her on it!

Yet another funny thing in the list of funny things Ellie does..she is a HUGE imitator.  She imitates EV
ERYTHING many people do but especially her family.  I was blow-drying my hair today and she hates the blow-dryer.  So she proceeds to stand on the other side of our room while I dry my hair  but imitates everything I do with my hands.  One of her hands is the blow dryer and the other hand is being rubbed on her head like I do with my hair.  And she tilts her head exactly the same way I do.  It was quite cute and very funny.

She has her second speech appt tomorrow with her new therapist.  Hopefully all the details with insurance will be fine and she will continue to improve and learn new words.  I am going to bribe Ainsley to not be a distraction and hope for the best.

No comments: